Metalbird Global Limited
FROM HUMBLE BEGINNINGS TO A GLOBAL ART PROJECT
Metalbird grew from a New Zealand Street Art Project started by Phil Walters back in 2009. People saw and loved his bird silhouettes around the neighbourhood, wanted them and 10 years later Metalbird has become a global art project.
With the simple tap of a hammer, this beautifully crafted, iconic, life-like bird silhouette will transform your backyard, garden or environment into a work of art and put smiles on faces for years to come.
OUR SUSTAINABLE COMPANY
Doing the right thing by our customers, staff, suppliers and the environment is super important to us.
Producing locally and ethically is important to us. Each bird is proudly cut then crafted in a small family owned NZ factory out of premium Corten®️ Steel, which has over 70% recycled content, and all scrap steel from our manufacturing process is recycled. On top of that, our packaging is made from recycled cardboard with biodegradable inks, designed to be recycled again and again.
Our company goal is to be B Corp certified by 2022. B Corp Certification doesn’t just evaluate a product or service; it assesses the overall positive impact of the company that stands behind it. And we know that’s what you care about most.
We’re also proud to help sustain our bird-supporting communities all over the world.
* We help New Zealand's Forest & Bird do their urgent protection work.
* We support the conservation work of Ducks Unlimited Canada.
* We helped Birdlife Australia in the wake of the devastating bushfires.
* We drew attention to threatened Godwit breeding grounds with a giant Metalbird in The Netherlands.
* We’ve joined the fight to save Samoa’s national bird, the Manumea.
* We’re contributing to the American Bird Conservancy’s fearless fight to save wild birds across the Americas.
And we’re just getting started…